🩸ASHI Advanced Bleeding Control🩸
Saturday, June 20, 2022 at 8:00am - 12pm in the Combo Building..
Uncontrolled or improperly controlled bleeding emergencies accounts for approximately 40% of the preventable deaths in the U.S. The Advanced Bleeding Control course teaches participants the physiology of bleeding, how to identify and address severe external bleeding, and basic life-saving interventions including bleeding control with a tourniquet, bleeding control with gauze packs or topical hemostatic agents, and pressure dressings. The course also reviews steps to take in order to be prepared to respond to a bleeding emergency if one should ever arise. Points of discussion for preparation include, but are not limited to, suggested items to include in a bleeding control kit and placement of a bleeding control kit. No prior medical training/knowledge is required for this course.
Warning: Simulated blood used in this training may stain clothing. Please dress appropriately for the course.
At the completion of the course, participants will be able to:
• Explain the rationale for early use of a tourniquet for life-threatening extremity bleeding.
• Demonstrate the appropriate application of a tourniquet (C.A.T. Gen 7, SOFT-T Wide, SWAT-T and RATS) to the arm and leg.
• Describe the progressive strategy for controlling hemorrhage.
• Demonstrate the correct application of gauze or a topical hemostatic dressing (combat gauze).
• Demonstrate the correct application of a pressure dressing (Israeli, H & OLAES)
Participants that successfully complete the course will receive a 2-year e-certification card. All participants must have a valid email address in order to receive their e-certification card.
Class size is limited to 20 participants.
The cost for the Advanced Bleeding Control course is for members $65 and $75 for nonmembers and the course usually runs 4 hours and will be held in the combo building at PMSC.
Any question please email Shelly at email@example.com.